• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Sinaron view camera lens for sale

Sinaron S 5.6/135 DB Pt No 446.85.558 email us direct or fill in the contact form on the site mentioning this ad and pay only 150 GBP + 15% vat (if applicable). This is a brand new lens sealed in the box. (24-1110 DB Set Sinaron S 5.6/135)
we only have one of these to clear.

Sinaron W 4.5/90 DB pt No 446.85.518 email us direct or fill in the contact form on the site mentioning this ad and pay only 150 GBP + 15% vat (if applicable). This is a brand new lens sealed in the box. (same as 24-1103 DB set Sinaron W 4.5/90)
we have three of these.

The links have full pdf specs

paypal /creditcard etc accepted.

When there gone -thats it
smile.gif

Edwin

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just to let everyone know, I have allowed this commercial post here for a special reason. We have a rich resource developing here in OPF on cameras that use Rollei mount lenses. This includes classical Rollei cameras like the 6000 series and the cameras based on the derivative Hy6 platform for both film and digital backs. This currently includes Sinar, Leaf and in Asia, the Rollei brand.

I feel that on a case by case basis we might try a few notices where we might uniquely benefit. In this case, Edwin has an interest in being a resource for OPF so this is an experiment and not opening the door for a flood of commercials. This is not a paid advert. I was asked and am intrigued by the two lenses offered, that's all. Instead of just posting, he requested permission and I thought, well, let's try this out and see if someone can benefit. We have no involvement in warranties. Remember, you take on the risk. Just check out each and any person you buy from!

Asher :)

Asher Kelman

I'd love to have this lens if it could cover 8x10. This seems to be only up to 5x7. It can be fitted with a Copal between the lens shutter AFAIK.

These are great lenses! I have a 150mm lens and need to cover wider too. I'd also love to have a present of the auto shutter but isn't that like cheating in film!

Asher

Erie Patsellis

pro member
I'd love to have this lens if it could cover 8x10. This seems to be only up to 5x7. It can be fitted with a Copal between the lens shutter AFAIK.

These are great lenses! I have a 150mm lens and need to cover wider too. I'd also love to have a present of the auto shutter but isn't that like cheating in film!

Asher

The Auto Shutter makes you more productive, and shooting more intuitive, with less flim lost due to brain fade, or at least that's how I justified it to the wife. Not to mention that all my barrell lenses suddenly are easily used without resorting to a packard or hat/darkslide, etc.

For as little as a complete Auto Shutter sells for on Ebay, you'd be hard pressed to find a better ROI
erie

Asher Kelman

Erie,

I could put a Sinar Shutter, I guess on the Chamonix 8x10, but does it work for 8x10 and wider glass. IOPW, what are the limits?

I have never used these shutters but with barrel lenses sound interesting!

Asher

Erie Patsellis

pro member
I have a 240 Symmar S on a DB board, the opening in the shutter is around 3" or so, and you can extend something like 1/2" or so into the face, abut .75" from the rear of the lensboard. I'm moving to using standard Sinar attachments on eveyr camera I built. The Sinar AUto Shutter attaches to the back of a standard, the bellows attach to it, on the opposite side of the standard, you can attach either a standard Sinar lensboard/leaf shutter (opened to B, of course), a barrel lens mounted to a Sinar lensboard (I had a universal iris for just this reason, sold it to buy some glass unfortunately), or ideally, a DB or DBM (manual aperture overide) mounted lens. If it's confusing I can post some shots to clarify.

erie

I'm glad I will not be tempted by this since there is no film anymore here where I am -I think- (bolivia)

Asher, I admire your restrain, probably whit the traffic that you have now... this site could produce a lot of profits. I don't know if profits are good or bad, why don't you open a thread asking members what their position (hypothetical) would be on this, now I' curious.

I personally don't mind about adds being around forums, but I'm probably not considering all aspects of it.

Erie Patsellis

pro member
Oh, if you stilll wanted to shoot film I'd bet you could get your hands on some easily enough.

Fortunately, I keep a healthy supply of 120 and LF films on hand, buying it short dated and freezing it.
I try to keep 50-100 rolls of each type that I use on hand, sometimes it will fall to zero, othertimes I find a deal too good to let pass by.

While I do some commercial shooting, my regular job couldn't support my used RB habit, much less my Sinar one. Gotta love what the economy is doing these days, that's for sure.