• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Too Much Rain

The Midwest US has had a great deal of rainfall this month. One of the predictions of climate change is an increase in extreme weather events. With a dangerous drought underway in the southwest and flooding currently occurring along the Mississippi River valley, it's hard not to wonder if we're seeing the opening acts of major change. However, drawing global conclusions from local events is a foolish thing to do, so only time will tell.

Anyway, this is the entrance to a nearby floodplain forest preserve. The river is 100 meters away to the south, off to the left, of this under water gravel road. Lots of frogs were croaking this morning, and the mosquitoes appeared to be positively ecstatic with conditions.

original.jpg

Flooded Road

Three landscape frames from horizontally shifted 90mm T/S lens merged to 16:8 aspect ratio.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The Midwest US has had a great deal of rainfall this month. One of the predictions of climate change is an increase in extreme weather events. With a dangerous drought underway in the southwest and flooding currently occurring along the Mississippi River valley, it's hard not to wonder if we're seeing the opening acts of major change. However, drawing global conclusions from local events is a foolish thing to do, so only time will tell.

Anyway, this is the entrance to a nearby floodplain forest preserve. The river is 100 meters away to the south, off to the left, of this under water gravel road. Lots of frogs were croaking this morning, and the mosquitoes appeared to be positively ecstatic with conditions.

original.jpg

Flooded Road

Three landscape frames from horizontally shifted 90mm T/S lens merged to 16:8 aspect ratio.

I like this, the 90mm T/S is a wonderful lens for such landscape work. I am sure that there are positives for this flooding.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

original.jpg

Flooded Road

Tom,

This reminds me of a legal case against a farmer who's fenced proper got similarly flooded. He was held guilt of negligence in the accidental death of youths who dragged their boat over the fence and had a great time until one of the oars struck a hanging power line!

Asher