• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Editing Issue.....

ErikJonas

Banned
I dont know if this is the right area of the forum to post this but i'm trying to get it in the right area....I'm having a problen with Elements 4....Thats what i use Elements 4....

Heres what its doing....For no known reason i get the lil hand icon....The lil grabby hand thing i dont know its technical name....

Anyway...I get that and can do nothing with the image...It wont grab anything and it wont let me switch to anything...I can close out the program but when i open it it does the same thing...I have to re-boot the computer to clear it....This is becoming most frustrating....

Do i have to remove and re-instal the program?....Does this sound firmiliar to anyone?

I tried reset all tool that did nothing....Its so wierd the lil hand thing comes up and i can do nothing with the picture....Not only that but having top completely re-boot as simply closing out Elements does not help...

ErikJonas

Banned
Oh sorry...No the lil hand tool comes up but it will not let me do anything not even switch to another tool!!! Thanks Lenardo for letting me know i was not being specific =)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Erik,

Do you only get this hand tool in Elements? Does it move with the mouse? What do you do beforehand that sets this off? How long have you been using Elements?

Is this on your computer that had the bad drive and is this the new drive? Did you reinstall the software afresh? It's always best to do a clean install on a new drive. That will usually clean things for you.

Asher

Last edited:

Leonardo Boher

pro member
Oh sorry...No the lil hand tool comes up but it will not let me do anything not even switch to another tool!!! Thanks Lenardo for letting me know i was not being specific =)

What do you mean with "lil tool hand". If that's the hand tool and you're trying to pan the image you should hit "F" in the keyboard in order to go into the full screen mode and pan with the hand tool (hold Space bar and you get the hand as well).

ErikJonas

Banned
The thing is Leonardo i do not select the hand tool or want to use it...It just comes up and will NOT allow me to do anything else.I cant even switch tools.

Leonardo Boher

pro member
The thing is Leonardo i do not select the hand tool or want to use it...It just comes up and will NOT allow me to do anything else.I cant even switch tools.

Mmmhhh... That's weird. It happened to me few times in Photoshop CS4, that I cannot select another tool but never that the hand tool appears at the first time. I think you have a sever error there. I think you should restart the application.

Cem_Usakligil

Most probably, you have to delete your preferences to have it all working again. Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac) while launching Elements. A prompt will ask if you want to delete the preferences file. Click Yes. HTH.

ErikJonas

Banned
Thanks Cem i'll try that....Leonardo i have to completely reboot the computer to get it to go away simply closing out the program does not help. =(

ErikJonas

Banned
Cem that does appear to have been the problem...Thankyou very much although i'm still not sure how it started doing that...

Cem_Usakligil

Cem that does appear to have been the problem...Thankyou very much although i'm still not sure how it started doing that...
You're welcome, I am glad it has helped solve the problem. Don't worry too much how it started, it can be any odd reason.