• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Prof. Harald Mante aka Color Harry: THE PHOTOGRAPH

9781933952260.jpg

Sometimes it happens that we coincidently run into some extraordinary people in our life, such happened to me when I made a contact to Prof. Mante and started to learn about his work.

He shared his expert knowledge in fine art and photodesign as a lecturer with countless students for many decades and continues to conduct courses at the European Art Academy and on other venues.

Born in Berlin in 1936, Harald Mante studied graphic design and painting at the Werkkunstschule in Wiesbaden. He taught Photographic Design at Dortmund Polytechnic and at the European Art Academy in Trier, as well as many seminars and workshops.

Professor Mante has authored numerous art books and textbooks. His photographic work has been exhibited in museums and private collections world-wide, and his books and calendars have become collector's items.

It is a great pleasure for me to let you know that his important work DAS FOTO, is published now in english under the same title THE PHOTOGRAPH and available at Rocky Nook.

Currently he is plastering walls and varnishing doors in their new studio/gallery with his partner, the Sculpturist and Photodesigner Eva Witter. When I spoke with him today and asked him about the secret of his vitality he mentioned something about earl grey tea, but I am not sure whether I want to know this, as I am more inclined to the bordeaux version of long life elixir, a Grand Cru St. Emilion. <smile>

Highly recommended:

http://www.rockynook.com/books/1-933952-26-1.html

Last edited:
Hi Eric,

I think you will find a strong Bauhaus Tradition in his work. He studied painting with Vincent Weber, who was a Kandinsky student, and later subconseqeuntly applied Kandinsky's geometric analysis point/line/plane in his teachings on photography.