• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Homeland Security

Rachel Foster

I was recently asked to take some photographs of a work by Denise Whitebread Fanning called "Homeland Security." It's about raising children in a dangerous world (more about the work can be found here).

All shots were handheld.

ISO 200, f/4.0, 1/125.

smallfamilyshot.jpg

Homeland Security 1: Jacob Eliana

ISO 200, 1/500, f/4.0

reallysmallsmalltot.jpg

Homeland Security 2: Jacob Eliana

Rachel Foster

I did indeed! It was a bit difficult because of scheduling conflicts and a short amount of time between when the artist finished the project and the installation of the exhibit. The lighting was far from ideal and it was hard for the children to be in the suits and pose for any length of time.

I'm hoping to get some shots of the project when it's installed for the exhibit.

fahim mohammed

Rachel, I am happy for your success. The group photo and the woman's close-up are particularly appealing to me.

My interpretation of these images might be off the mark, so could you please tell me why the
individual tents and isolation? Interesting and intriguing concept.

Regards.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rachel,

Returning to composition look at trimming from the top and lower portion to frame the figures in a peaceful horizontal format.

smallfamilyshot.jpg

Homeland Security 1: Jacob Eliana

This would remove what to me, at least, is a sense that the figures could be anywhere.

reallysmallsmalltot.jpg

Homeland Security 2: Jacob Eliana

What do you think about lightening the child's face.

Asher