• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

moved .............

Imants K

Banned
woofiejpg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Imants!

It looks like a flemish oil painting. Is this a pet? Could you help us and explain? I would think this was intended as fine art not as an illustration of a pet.

For now, all I can say is that I like it enough to be glad you posted it and I'm fascinated. I almost would like to switch on a light to be able to better identify who or what is in the picture. I would not do this since adding light would no doubt ruin the picture.

But anyway I like that appearance of life and death and maybe some tragedy and need to know more, but O.K, Imants I'm hooked. now teach me more about your work.

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

BTW, some may be puzzled, even angry that a new person might be in OPF without a full name! After it that is not allowed! However I decided for some odd reason to make a very rare exception: after all I know his full name and websites and am fascinated with this work so that's fine and it works for me. Any comments write to me by PM only.

Imants K

Banned
woofiejpg.jpg

But anyway I like that appearance of life and death and maybe some tragedy and need to know more, but O.K, Imants I'm hooked. now teach me more about your work.

There is really nothing to it ......... I told all my clients to piss off and leave me alone and I just do gallery stuff, I sorta don't care!

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Charlotte,

I thought at first that my earlier post got lost and that maybe I didn't post it after I previewed it. For that I was pleased. That meant your opinion has nor been influenced by mine. Now I see that there were two threads. I have joined them.

I already know that Imants has a unique take on life and his work is very different, but so is yours, LOL!

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Hi Imants,

First I'm immediately impressed. It has the initial impression of a picture from another century. This is not a happy picture, but I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be.

This is to me handsome horror and well done. I cannot get into the "Imants-mindset" nor would I presume to do so. However, I'd imagine that there is no intention to pander to our needs to make any of us happy.

This is art that expresses what the artist has in his mind. Work to embed in a physical form the imagination of an artist requires only to meet the personal standards of the artist. Often it works for others too. However, the purpose of art is expression not more; ..unless the artist wishes to share it and to what extent. An artist, in the purist sense, does not and should not compromise.

Still, there's no way that Charlotte, Nicolas and many others would buy this. However, Imants nor I wouldn care. When the artist panders to the market, his art no longer is purely what he would do and so can, but not necessarily be degraded.

Imants,

I'm intrigued and impressed with your photograph. Yes it dark and horrific, that's how it moves me, although I cannot, as yet identify the components. I'd love to see it in a gallery. Then I'd like it or hate it. Very little in between.

This is not evil, but the edge of where most people want to visit. Art will express what is in the brain. That may be representative or an exception to one's thoughts and view of life. I have not any idea.

However, a larger version, say 700-800 pixels wide, would allow at least yours truly to understand what I'm seeing.

Thanks for sharing.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

I looked at his site
amazing work really!
different is a good thing!! I hope he will come back! I dont care what his name is his work is excellent and what an interesting view point!

Charlotte

Imants K

Banned
The images are www stuff so they are transitory in nature , I usually post and then bin them.
I do similar things with the exhibitions unsold work is either appropriated into new work or it hangs around for a month or so and then it goes into the trash, recycled or as landfill.
The image was only food, like stuff in our lives it happens and we move on

Asher Kelman

The images are www stuff so they are transitory in nature , I usually post and then bin them.
I do similar things with the exhibitions unsold work is either appropriated into new work or it hangs around for a month or so and then it goes into the trash, recycled or as landfill.
The image was only food, like stuff in our lives it happens and we move on

Hi Inmants,

Why aren't the images showing up now?

Asher Kelman

Just so everyone knows, we do use pictures to start new threads or make collections in a thread to showcase special work. When it is up and running all pictures in OPF are stored for that use and to repair threads damaged by server errors or other problems. We do want to make it easy for new people to understand the thread.

At this time, I see this as just Imants playing with our minds and reminding us of the transient nature of experience.

So this is performance art.

In Munich last year we visited a technical art institute for an exhibition and open house in all the college works shops. While enjoying paintings in one room, a female student came in to enquire, why are so many people running round naked? She had no idea of "Performance Art"!

Right now, we have an exhibit in the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles. It's a huge set of ice blocks. When the ice is completely melted, the art is gone! Have a look at Allan Kapprow's massive transient work here.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I'm moved…

Some do delete their image, I do delete my message… Clever? what do you think?

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Though I preffered the cat, you start to please me!

One thing missing, still… a real name to be you and not only a nickname (no pun!)…