• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Straight jacket

Robert Watcher

Walking through the city, I came upon this door and found the straps and locks interesting - and angular so that when I raised my camera I could see a dynamic composition.

After processing the image to my taste, I posted it on Instagram with the simple title of Textures of Central America. Then this morning, I woke up and looked at the image again and what immediately came to my mind was a Straight Jacket. So that is my interpretation of the pretty cool door and what I am titling the image. Do you suppose that watching an escape artist on Pen & Teller's "Fool Us" last night - had anything to do with it (LOL)? Photographed with Olympus EM-10 and 14-42mm @ 22mm

20160811-EM102519-Edit.jpg

Now this is fascinating, Robert. Good find! Can't help but wonder why anyone would take such dramatic steps to secure a door, but imagine that effect may have been more important than effectiveness.

Andy brown

Another great image Robert and I agree with Tom, what the hell is behind that thing? Gold barsd, kilos of cocaine?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Walking through the city, I came upon this door and found the straps and locks interesting - and angular so that when I raised my camera I could see a dynamic composition.

After processing the image to my taste, I posted it on Instagram with the simple title of Textures of Central America. Then this morning, I woke up and looked at the image again and what immediately came to my mind was a Straight Jacket. So that is my interpretation of the pretty cool door and what I am titling the image. Do you suppose that watching an escape artist on Pen & Teller's "Fool Us" last night - had anything to do with it (LOL)? Photographed with Olympus EM-10 and 14-42mm @ 22mm

20160811-EM102519-Edit.jpg

Done out of desperation! This is much more substantial than the several previous efforts at securing the door. Notice that the ordinary door lock has been "jimmied" several times in the past.

These new bars are very cleverly designed with massive security in mind. However, the locks could be cut through with my sawzall in ten minutes!

..........and yes, Robert, now you mention the straight jacket, that's a fitting title. Whatever is inside is a causing the owner to obsess about being locked securely!

A unique and successful picture!

Asher

Last edited:

Robert Watcher

I came across this subject matter this morning. After taking the pic, I got the same feeling that I did with the straight jacket image above - - - seems like something out a Houdini museum. LOL

Normal things that we see back home, don't look anything the same in Central America.

20160826-EM102677-Edit.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I came across this subject matter this morning. After taking the pic, I got the same feeling that I did with the straight jacket image above - - - seems like something out a Houdini museum. LOL

Normal things that we see back home, don't look anything the same in Central America.

20160826-EM102677-Edit.jpg

Robert,

Exactly fits in your "Houdini" Series! Who could have imagined such a medieval structure of grotesque torture! It make for an astoundingly apt addition!

Pretty clever solution to embedding a large object on an external door, where the hole would provide easy access to thieves to enter the house of it dropped out prematurely.

But now this is like a long joke where the punch line fails! The wood simply could'nt hold it!

Great eyes you have! I am looking for the 3rd one to be as equally colorful and amazing!

Asher