• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Looking for, 4x5 field or folding camera w/ lens and rangefinder for under $500

Daniel Schaefer

Hello All, i'm a student in NYC and i'm looking around for a 4x5 field or folding view camera with lens and rangefinder included.

I hope to spend less than $500 all together, a boys gotta eat after all.

if anyone has a camera or knows of anyone who might have one they are looking to part with, any information would be greatly appreciated

you can message me personally at Outlierimagery@gmail.com

Cheers!

Daniel.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello All, i'm a student in NYC and i'm looking around for a 4x5 field or folding view camera with lens and rangefinder included.

I hope to spend less than $500 all together, a boys gotta eat after all.

if anyone has a camera or knows of anyone who might have one they are looking to part with, any information would be greatly appreciated

you can message me personally at Outlierimagery@gmail.com

Cheers!

Daniel.

Hello Daniel,

The ideal camera for you is a Crown Graphic or Seed graphic with a working rangefinder. The best person I know to contact is Will Thompson who has several. KEH has one many bodies, you'd have to enquire about lenses to fit them. They must have no end of cameras with lenses!! Why they list just the bodies, I haven't a clue. thisone is likely to be perfect, but needs a lens.

Still, getting a camera from Will is a better idea if he has one available and some film holders.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Daniel,

What's the status of your quest for the 4x5 camera? I believe that you will be so fulfilled with the acquisition as it will give you an opportunity to make fine contact prints with little cost or scan it and make incredible prints!

Asher