• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Epson PictureMate

Melanie Kipp

Just sending out a feeler to see if anyone here is using one of these. I have an original PictureMate and it recently has developed an issue. No matter WHICH CF card I use, it always reports there are no images on the card.
I prefer to process my files and transfer ( using Win XP - Window Explorer... it worked for a long time using this method ) them to a CF card, then put the card into the printer.
The reason I use CF is there appears to be a profiling issue and the prints don't look right if I print via USB.
Anyway, I have no clue why, out of the blue, the printer won't recognize jpg files on the CF. It "used" to recognize tiffs, but stopped that some time ago. Since the prints are only 4x6, I dealt with it by switching to jpeg format.
Now, nothing.
Any others experience this?

Alain Briot

pro member
If it is still under warranty I would contact Epson Technical support. If it isn't I still think technical support is your best bet. Since it does that with every CF card it is clearly the printer and not the card.

Melanie Kipp

Thanks Alain,

I did some searching on another forum and I think (hope) I have found my problem. I don't remember changing jpeg from standard to progressive ( and can not check right now), but this copy and paste from the thread may explain it:

"Save your images as JPEG, the format should be "baseline (standard)". Do not not use "progressive". The quality setting can be your choice, I usually use "10"

Also, not sure if you are using a mac or pc, but make sure photoshop saves your images with a windows thumbnail, or both mac and windows thumbnails. This setting can be changed in preferences > file handling. The reason for this is that the picturemate prefers JPEGs with a windows thumbnail (or preview), it takes forever to preview a file with a mac thumbnail on the screen of a picturemate deluxe."