• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Tsunami Warning secondary to 8:0 Earthquake of Mexican Coast!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Warning!

Danger of Tsunami next 3 hrs.

A magnitude 8.0 earthquake has occurred off the southern Mexican coast, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

Widespread hazardous tsunami waves are possible within the next three hours on some coasts of Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Honduras and Ecuador.

Be safe!

Asher

Robert Watcher

Oh believe me, Anne and I felt that one. We live in that area just east of the Guatemala/Mexico border where the epicenter was, but tonight are visiting Antigua, Guatemala which is 3 hours east of our home.

We have been through several very strong earthquakes in Nicaragua, one of 7.6 that toppled 1,200 homes in a town close to where we lived. This one was the strangest feeling earthquake that lasted for what seemed like an eternity. No rattling windows or swaying walls like we have experienced before - st the floors of hostel we are staying at, rolling and shifting like a big pool of jello.

While laying in bed trying to sleep, the strong aftershocks of over 5.0 for over an hour have made both Anne and I sick to our stomaches, sea sick like on a boat. The reports are starting to come in on the internet news. It will no doubt take a while to access damages in the coastal areas to the west us in Chiapas state. Thankfully, it was just a joy ride for us with our building staying in tact.

IMG_395774304.jpg

-------