• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Polina and Karina

Graham Mitchell

For a local makeup school. Both shot using 150mm f4 PQS lens. First at f16, second at f8.

Image132.jpg

Image238.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Allan

very clean, lovely beauty shots Graham and actually I disagree with Rachel. The eye maekup is integral to the look and feel of the second shot.

I wish I could clean up and retouch like you. Excellent

Geoff Goldberg

without?

It would be interesting to compare raw shots (no pp) to the final product. We could then see what Graham first saw, the camera shot, and his artistry more clearly.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
For a local makeup school. Both shot using 150mm f4 PQS lens. First at f16, second at f8.

Image132.jpg

Image238.jpg

Hi Graham,

These are two important pictures since each has opportunities for understanding numerous components of a beauty portrait. I love the look.

I wonder if we could revisit this and go over the take home points.

First the lighting. How did you approach this, with what thoughts and was it the same for each model?

Asher

Graham Mitchell

First the lighting. How did you approach this, with what thoughts and was it the same for each model?

There were a lot of models to shoot that day, and a constant queue. So I set up one look, and used the same setup for each girl, then spent 10 minutes changing the lighting and shooting them all again.

I just needed to pick a few setups which would give me a variety and which were easy to set up quickly. Sorry, I can't remember specifics.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Image132.jpg

Image238.jpg

Thanks Graham!

Now to everyone else, what might you do to the eye brow in the first picture and the nose in the second. Who wants to tackle these or say why not, to make a full medial part of the eyebrow and a smoother contour of the tip of the nose. forget about truth for the moment.

Just use a CUTOUT of the part of the face you retouch. We don't want actually apply the change to Mark's perfectly good picture. So I'm interested in what your approaches might be and in fact would you ever even consider this on your own work. You don't have to actually make the edit but if you do it would be good to see.

I personally don't feel these edits need to be done, but it would ben nice to see what technics you have to tackle these two challenges.

Asher

Asher