• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lightroom 3 Beta Available

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Hi,

For those that are interested a beta of Lightroom 3 is now available:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/

It is stated that it is not yet feature complete, list of added functionality so far is:

- Brand new performance architecture, building for the future of growing image libraries
- State-of-the-art noise reduction to help you perfect your high ISO shots
- Watermarking tool that helps you customize and protect your images with ease
- Portable sharable slideshows with audio
- Flexible customizable print package creation so your print package layouts are all your own
- Film grain simulation tool for enhancing your images to look as gritty as you want
- New import handling designed to make importing streamlined and easy
- More flexible online publishing options so you can post your images online to certain online photo sharing sites directly from inside Lightroom 3 beta (may require third-party plug-ins)

I've add a quick play around myself, and one thing that has struck me is the improved de-mosaicing. I found Lightroom used to sometime produce a bit of a 'plastic' look compared to Canon's DPP, but this has now gone completely. New colour noise reduction also seems impressive at first glance.

Cheers,