• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Canon 30D and DPP

Jimmy Walters

I have a Canon 30d I bought just recently, it came with all the "goodies" in the box. My dilemma is that I don't know how to use DPP (which is very real) and also is there a downloadable upgrade for the program? I don't seem to be able to do much with this software.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have a Canon 30d I bought just recently, it came with all the "goodies" in the box. My dilemma is that I don't know how to use DPP (which is very real) and also is there a downloadable upgrade for the program? I don't seem to be able to do much with this software.

Jimmy,

Canon USA has all the info you need. Essentially you just need to have any 1 or more of the software solutions that came with the camera on your computer. Then go to this support page for your camera and download the latest versions of the software an the manuals. It will check you have the software n some version already and then you will get your updated versions.

DPP is very powerful and has corrections built in for a lot of Canon lenses and that's great. The color engine is also superb and some really prefer using DPP ins some situations over everything else. To me, Adobe Camera RAw is perhaps the simplest to follow and DPP is not such an obvious interface but you will get the hang of it n about 30 minutes or so. Here's the Adobe tutorals for DPP 3.2 and doubtless you can find others.

Good luck. That camera is worth $100,000 if you could go back to 1970, with it LOL. Trouble is they would never believe you as you wouldn't be able to load the files into any computers, LOL! Hmm, perhaps as jpgs?

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

That camera is worth $100,000 if you could go back to 1970, with it LOL. Trouble is they would never believe you as you wouldn't be able to load the files into any computers, LOL! Hmm, perhaps as jpgs?

'Fraid not - the JPEG format was first standardized in 1992!

And as near as I know, there was no graphic support in any commonly-available computer in 1970.

Best regards,

Doug