• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fashion twins

Graham Mitchell

Work in progress from today. Shot these twin sisters for a fashion ad. 80mm PQS lens at f8 (focus bracketing)

lilli_finalv2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Graham,

I love the idea of two pics together like this anyway as it gives us a sense of the live person that you see and then see again in a different way as you focus on her. Sometimes I see this pairing done by having a fairly static image on one side and then one with dynamic gesture on to be an energetic counterpoint. That way one has stature and dignity as well a real red blood circulating in the models veins.

You pair with the twins gives us more "person" than action and I like it even better. The lone blue drop earring in the full-length figure serves as the focused intriguing eye in the b.g. The lovely long delicate orange color of the earring in the foreground close-up gives us head on elegance of the same style but far more desirable. It is complemented by a receptive long concavity of the broad crossed back-straps of her dress.

Thanks for sharing. Now where are the others from this shoot? Appetite is whetted! :)

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just one shot was needed, and this was the selected shot. It was just a matter of getting the front girl to give the right pose/expression.
Graham,

Was this for your portfolio or for a client? If you only took one shot it reminds me of the fellow, Burke, I believe, who had 2 11x14 cameras built for him and a bunch of cassettes for the film. He drove over 1000 miles to take his pictures and exposed just 2 sheets. When he returned, he processed the first shot. It was perfect, so the other film was never processed!

How things have changed for most of us. A majority of photographers would have taken 20-100 pictures or more of the twins. Hey, they're beautiful. I'm glad to see the technical ability and judgement you have acquired allows you to repeat the essentially one shot approach as you certainly nailed it.
sure saves disk space and processing time!

Asher

Graham Mitchell

Graham,

Was this for your portfolio or for a client? If you only took one shot it reminds me of the fellow, Burke, I believe, who had 2 11x14 cameras built for him and a bunch of cassettes for the film. He drove over 1000 miles to take his pictures and exposed just 2 sheets. When he returned, he processed the first shot. It was perfect, so the other film was never processed!

How things have changed for most of us. A majority of photographers would have taken 20-100 pictures or more of the twins. Hey, they're beautiful. I'm glad to see the technical ability and judgement you have acquired allows you to repeat the essentially one shot approach as you certainly nailed it.
sure saves disk space and processing time!

Asher

Hi Asher, I'm afraid you misunderstood me. I did take a number of exposures, but all of the one setup, which allowed us to see what poses or expressions worked. I do subscribe to the notion of thinking more and shooting less though :)

This was for a client, who was at the shoot.