• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Old Petzval projection lens does spring flowers

Dr Klaus Schmitt

This is a rather old Petzval projection lens I got and tried it on spring flowers.
It should be approx. f1.4 and about 85mm focal length.

25878191507_d91e6d1ed2_o.jpg

25878191127_f6d16dec0b_o.jpg

38938889120_f7c62dbcc0_o.jpg

25878186307_0fe9ef2607_o.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I would like to see this with a puppy or a human face. The flowers, I think are different and they perhaps show best written with the distinct sharpness you have achieved with other lenses.

This may excellnin portraits!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

I would like to see this with a puppy or a human face. The flowers, I think are different and they perhaps show best written with the distinct sharpness you have achieved with other lenses.

This may excellnin portraits!

Asher

Certainly this might be a good portrait lens, but would need an aperture, at DOF might be too shallow!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Certainly this might be a good portrait lens, but would need an aperture, at DOF might be too shallow!

25878186307_0fe9ef2607_o.jpg

Well, here the extra minimal veil of light or glow, likely coming from the periphery of the lens which makes the flowers, pushing up to heaven appear to be trying to break through a glass ceiling, akin to the classical struggle of women to reach the sky!

Asher