• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: What is ‘ street ‘?

fahim mohammed

In one of the photography forums of which I am a member (and one more from OPF, no fotos, but comments only from our friend, there is a religious definition of ‘ street ‘.

I, of course, was the cat amongst the pigeons there.
But more to the point...what do you think comprises ‘ street photography ‘?

My view is that it cannot be confined to the definition of magnum founders or others. But it definitely is not snap shots of people or buildings.

Here is one ‘ street ‘ from me...

Street

I am in Abu Dhabi right now. Flight was delayed from home, and I missed my long haul connection to SE ASIA. I am waiting in the lounge for the next flight in about 3 hrs.
Seems my foto hosting site has bugs specially on an iPad. Hence the strange link I posted.

Show us your interpretations.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I would not be able to reproduce the Magnum definition of street. My idea is the sampling of private life and the pulse of the community through glimpses of folk in public.

I hope that gives me at least an A-, LOL.

But there don’t have to be any people in the street, just that the Architecture, setting and ambience implies some past, present or future activity!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In one of the photography forums of which I am a member (and one more from OPF, no fotos, but comments only from our friend, there is a religious definition of ‘ street ‘.

I, of course, was the cat amongst the pigeons there.
But more to the point...what do you think comprises ‘ street photography ‘?

My view is that it cannot be confined to the definition of magnum founders or others. But it definitely is not snap shots of people or buildings.

Here is one ‘ street ‘ from me...

Street

I am in Abu Dhabi right now. Flight was delayed from home, and I missed my long haul connection to SE ASIA. I am waiting in the lounge for the next flight in about 3 hrs.
Seems my foto hosting site has bugs specially on an iPad. Hence the strange link I posted.

Show us your interpretations.

Yes, your Abu Dhabi shot certainly qualifies. I would love to see that really largecas the figure is adorable and compelling.

Asher