• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bewildered

Emma James

SamHat2copy.jpg
[/IMG]Taken with a Nikon D100 50mm lens f1.8, on my way out shopping, more of a 'Grabshot'

Emma James

Steve Saunders

Lovely shot Emma. I had a look at the file info in Photoshop;

D100, April 11th.
F4.0 in Normal Program mode, 26mm focal length.

No flash used, but the window light did a great job and provided nice catchlights. I'm no portrait expert, but if that was my shot I might crop out some of the space on the right and top to keep the otherwise tight framing consistent.

Emma James

Never thought of cropping this one, but shall certainly give it a bash and see what it looks like. I plonked him on the table before putting him into the car, the black shadow to the right of him is my arm, I held him with one arm, snapped him with the other! Surprised there isnt huge amounts of blur as the camera has an mbd100 on it, and I thought I was using my 50, but in fact, had a big old wide angle lens on there ( from hubbies SLR), it was like shooting with a brick!

Emma James

Kevin Bjorke

This one really reminded me of this Lewis Hine immigrant photo:

m197701770009.jpg

There is that same sense of overstimulated confusion. I like yours a lot.