• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Track & Field Day

Jeff Mims

First of the year, and only the second time I've shot track & field...it's fun. My daughter throws the discus, and shotput..but my shots of her didn't come out so great. (it figures). I took some shots of other events.

76063359.jpg

76063407.jpg

76063475.jpg

76063484.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Great actions shots!c The 3rd one to me is the most powerful. Interesting about the tongue, that and the thumb have an extra large part of the brain controlling them.

Are you sure that she's like that one inparticular.

In any case you have done some pretty good timing to get at or close to the peak action moment. The last one might be a bit early and then who knows the tongue may have calmed down and gone back indoors to rest!

Are these with the 1DII and your 300mm at about 5.6?

Asher

Jeff Mims

Are these with the 1DII and your 300mm at about 5.6?

Asher

Actually, the MK IIn and 200 f/2.8...w/ some additional cropping. Shot everything wideopen, at about ISO 300 or so.
Frankly, this is only the 2nd track meet I've ever photographed (1st one was last year!). So ..I've got a lot to learn.
My daughter does discus throw and shotput, and I didn't get any decent shots of her.
Of course, if I'd had the new Mark III ...every shot would have been perfect. If only I'd had a better camera, that always makes the difference. Never mind those rumors you keep hearing about skill..practice...experience...it's always the camera.
;-)