• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

attachments

Ray West

I am not so sure that attachments to posts would be a good thing. On the one hand, for me, it would be easier than posting to a site and linking, but I can do that as soon as I put the ftp sw on this pc; on the other hand, I can see fiuture storage issues at Asher's side of trhings.

Having it on my own url, means I can have a bit more control, and give access to other folk, if I want.

Any other thoughts?

I thought I'd found some smilies on a reply to something on this forum, but it seems it may not yet be generally available.

Best wishes,

Ray

Daniel Harrison

pro member
Wow, I didn't know you could directly attach. That is nice! I agree it could also get a little expensive and troublesome on Asher's side of things. But I don't know what kind of server they have here, might not be a problem.

The way it is now is the best of both worlds, you can attach if you want to, and if you don't you can host your own.

So did I get this wrong or will the photos on the main page also include some of the work found in these forums if attached?

Thanks

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Daniel,

The pictures on the front page are hosted here. These are limited in size and number so it's no big deal. Also attached images that are large makes stuff slower.

There's so much to do here for us that my goal is to maintain and support the essential structure of every part. When we reach some equilibrium, we'll look into hosting more content including images. However, just attachments in the fora, for now, works and works well.

Be assured that we take note of all suggestions and reports things we might not as yet have noticed. Thanks to you who asked for a wider text input box that I'm now typing in!

Asher

Daniel Harrison

pro member
ahhh. I thought that Ray was saying that you COULD attach pictures. but you can't! So I guess you can scrap what I said up there. And I personally would leave it the way it is.

Oh and on the subject of smilies, one of my posts or PM's did put a smily in. But I haven't seen one since

Anyway...

Ray West

sorry if I was implying that attachments were available, I was trying to start a thread re. if they were worth enabling.

re the smilies - again confusion - I think I mistook the icon you can put in a new thread header (I think that is where it was) with being able to insert them in the text.

I must pay more attention!

Best wishes

Ray West

Thanks, Asher, - thin edge of the wedge, then
icon7.gif