• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello from East Anglia

Steve Brooks

I'm Steve an old geezer from Colchester,Essex.UK.I'm a wedding photographer on a small scale just me and my wife.I work from home and do my own processing and printing.I hope to have many a good tip/read/thought here as well as the occasional input knowledge permiiting of course!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
SteveB said:
I'm Steve an old geezer from Colchester,Essex.UK.I'm a wedding photographer on a small scale just me and my wife.I work from home and do my own processing and printing.I hope to have many a good tip/read/thought here as well as the occasional input knowledge permiiting of course!

Steve,

Such a big welcome to you and the good Mrs.!

Do you have others that use film? We'd love to have an active room for film, platinum, Polaroid and other analog process! Let is know your interest

I'm going to restrart shooting B&W film alongside digital.

How far are you from London? Maybe we could stop by?

Asher

BTW, did you get any big warning to use First and Last REAl NAMES? I cant understand how we should let people know better. Maybe it is not clear as written.

Steve Brooks

Hello Asher,I don't remember getting any warnings about REAL NAMES! My real name is Steve Brooks,no tricks or devious intentions from me I assure you.If I can somehow comply with your request I would be happy to do so.I did try to edit my profile etc but have been unlucky so far.Do you want to delete me and I could start again?
Steve

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
High Steve
on top of each forum you can see "Announcement":xxxxxxxxxxxx
click on and you'll see Announcement: Please use real names. either on the top if alone or below the 1st one, but here they are a little hidden I recognize, we'll work on that.
If you PM to Michael tapes or myself, with your real name, we'll be able to do the change.

Be welcome on board and have great time here.

Don Lashier

Nicolas Claris said:
High Steve
on top of each forum you can see "Announcement":xxxxxxxxxxxx
click on and you'll see Announcement: Please use real names. either on the top if alone or below the 1st one, but here they are a little hidden I recognize, we'll work on that.

Even though I saw the announcement prior to registering, I first registered with my standard login (dlashier) assuming that like RG my "screen name" would be a separate setting in the CP. Alas it's not. If you can tweak the signup script I'd suggest putting the note right on the form where you first enter your login ID.

- DL

Steve Brooks

Nicolas,
I have sent a note to Michael requesting Steve Brooks is allowed to show his real name rather than SteveB.I know Steve's a wonderful bloke and deserves a big hug and a cup of tea !

Asher Kelman said:

BTW, did you get any big warning to use First and Last REAL NAMES? I cant understand how we should let people know better. Maybe it is not clear as written.

Hi Asher,

I would seriously suggest delving into the source code (if you have it rather than mangled PHP) and changing the word username to Real Name as I know I (and likely others) typed in a username rather than my proper name by reflex (and I saw the request and had it in mind).

In short, asking for a username when you want something else is a confusing to those who reflexively use certain usernames. i.e., the brain keys off username and the fingers type without conscious thought.

Steve,

Be welcome. :eek:)

enjoy your day,

Sean (Out on the Left Coast of the USA about 100 yards from a tributary of the Pacific Ocean, a.k.a., Whidbey Island, Washington State).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sean DeMerchant said:
Hi Asher,

I would seriously suggest delving into the source code (if you have it rather than mangled PHP) and changing the word username to Real Name as I know I (and likely others) typed in a username rather than my proper name by reflex (and I saw the request and had it in mind).

In short, asking for a username when you want something else is a confusing to those who reflexively use certain usernames. i.e., the brain keys off username and the fingers type without conscious thought.........

Steve,...........

Sean,

Welcome to this new home!

Would ya be after correcting the boss now?

Actually I'm rather puzzled we didn't think of that! I've been asking so many people how we could better explain our repeated requests and intentions. Problems has been that each change has to be made one of the administrators.

So thanks. I'm grateful for a better solution. We'll let M.T. in to this!

Asher

Thanks for the welcome. :eek:)

As to correcting the boss? Well, I have never had issue with speaking my piece to anyone.

As to a simple solution? Sometimes you have to ask explicitly for what you want or you will get what you asked for rather than what you want. And I too have missed simple solutions in the past more than a few times.

all the best,

Sean