• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Is this the way for Canon, Nikon to go?

This is an image from a simple 3MP camera (my first digital, Nikon E880). Nothing special here, so why post it? Ans: To just establish context for my next camera, another 3MP costing $30K.

I see no mention of it here**, so thought I would post a couple of links: see below my snap

DSCN2136.jpg

First Link

Second Link

PS... just joking about getting one, of course....

(edit **) Just found another thread, sorry, careless of me. Never mind, ay?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's easier to make your own. Buy 5 $40 cameras, arrange them in a square and get software from one of the many papers published and you will be able to the same thing for $200. :)

The wiggle arm for holding extra stuff, however, is amazing.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It's easier to make your own. Buy 5 or more $40 cameras, arrange them in a square and get software from one of the many papers published and you will be able to the same thing for $200. :)

Add that Manfrotto wiggle arm for holding extra stuff, and the BMW! Now you have pleinoptic nirvana and and mobility for the same $30,000.

Asher