• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"I could do that!"

Cem_Usakligil

... is a much heard expression when people are confronted with a piece of art (especially modern art) which seems to be simple enough so that they could have created it themselves. Here is the response to that by an art curator, explaining why they can't. I think it is worth spending 5 minutes to watch it.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
... is a much heard expression when people are confronted with a piece of art (especially modern art) which seems to be simple enough so that they could have created it themselves. Here is the response to that by an art curator, explaining why they can't. I think it is worth spending 5 minutes to watch it.

A bunch of monkeys can do that!"

She's got a funny upper lip, Cem.

I liked the plug about "circumstances".

I also get "I'd like to take pictures like that".

I have to learn to forgive such human indiscretions otherwise I'd have been out of a job years ago.

I often wonder if I could do that. A fleeting moment of absurdity followed quickly by a down pouring of reality when I realise its why I take pictures: I have no artistic skills at all. Even my great granddaughter can draw better than I.

I bless the day when photography was invented. Point and Press. Dead easy. Anyone can do it.

Cem_Usakligil

I often wonder if I could do that. A fleeting moment of absurdity followed quickly by a down pouring of reality when I realise its why I take pictures: I have no artistic skills at all. Even my great granddaughter can draw better than I.

I bless the day when photography was invented. Point and Press. Dead easy. Anyone can do it.
Hear, hear! ;)