• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Hand Balancing Act

Freddy Oropeza

Hi all, just found this forum and the quality of images, photographers, and information is outstanding.
Although I'm not a professional shooter, I like to share my shoots, and information about them.
here's my latest.
MG_4423-Edit_800pix.jpg

And if you'd like to take a peek at the info of the process, you can check it out here.

http://freddyoropeza.com/blog/?p=248

Thanks for looking!
Looking forward to being a part of this community.

Nice, thanks for the explanation of the setup. I think the reflection looks very natural and real.

I would like to see either a rim light behind her back/hair to offset the bright line along his thigh/shin/foot. Or to see his rim light toned down a little. I think it's too bright for the dim surroundings.

But nice work none the less, thanks for sharing

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
MG_4423-Edit_800pix.jpg

Freddy Oropeza Balance

Hi Freddie,

What a great start off! I do like the construction of the picture and the effort you have put into it. I'm sure it helps them with their publicity. I beleive I may have seen them on stage years ago.

Charles loves lighting things to being out dimension. As he points out, a rim light would be helpful. This picture is about form of two athletes who are in balance with each other's physical force, perhaps spititually too, we'd like to imagine. So the formation of the entire shape might seem necessary. Not so, as Ken Tanaka, a fine photographer from Chicago points out, "Less is sometimes more!" We are given a puzzle and then we use our own knowledge and imagination , experience and fancy to complete the picture! That being said, I still think that this picture might be improved and further decorated and sclupted with more light.

So I look on this pictures as a tremendous opening to your work and will enjoy seeing more. Since you are trained in 3D modeling, use of the lighting will be easier for you than for most.

Welcome to OPF!

Asher