• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A question for our Parisian/French members

Cem_Usakligil

Hi,

I'll be in Paris this weekend. I have been there very many times in the past, although the last time was some 5 years ago. So I can say that I know my way quite well around Paris. Nevertheless, I'd appreciate if you can give me some pointers. Are there any photography oppurtunities you can recommend that I should not miss? Excluding the well known tourist traps of cours, LOL.

Merci beaucoup,

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Cem
The good thing with Paris is that it's only 3 hours by TGV from Bordeaux ;-) LoL

Enjoy you stay overthere, may I advise you to bring an umbrella?

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Nicolas,

The weather is terrible here in Holland as well, although it is getting better right now. So there is still some hope.

Just 3 hours by TGV? Hmmm, we shall have to do something about it then, won't we? ;-)

Cheers,

Rhys Sage

pro member
I was last in Paris in 2001 so I'm not much help. I'd say the Eiffel tower is worthwhile but you have to get there about dawn on a Sunday morning or you'll find the place festooned with tourists. The Arc d' Triumph is good too but you have to be there early on a Sunday in order to be able to get to and from it without being mown down by somebody proving their 2CV actually does 70mph.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Nicolas,

The weather is terrible here in Holland as well, although it is getting better right now. So there is still some hope.

Just 3 hours by TGV? Hmmm, we shall have to do something about it then, won't we? ;-)

Cheers,

Sure!
But only 1 hour 50 minutes form Schiphol!

Cem_Usakligil

I was last in Paris in 2001 so I'm not much help. I'd say the Eiffel tower is worthwhile but you have to get there about dawn on a Sunday morning or you'll find the place festooned with tourists. The Arc d' Triumph is good too but you have to be there early on a Sunday in order to be able to get to and from it without being mown down by somebody proving their 2CV actually does 70mph.
Hi Rhys,

I appreciate your input, thanks.

Cheers,