• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Advice on category

Hi I'm trying to put some photos on my website, and I'm stuck on to choose a category for them.
I cannot use the word "nature" or "landscape" as they are used for the "root" category for the 1st one and that I don't consider these as landscape for the second one.
here is an example of what this might contain,
have you got any idea?
thanks,

http://cjoint.com/?gonPvTSXAj

Ken Tanaka

pro member
One image does not a "category" make. I suggest thinking outside of rigid categories. Organize the images according to what motivated you to record and share them with the world at all. What will determine their organization? Are they all just happenstance feel-good snapshots you've collected?

If you, or a a friend, can't come up with anything that feels inspired, to hell with it. Just call them Set 1, Set 2, etc. If the images do not genuinely share a premeditated conceptual or creative taxonomy any categorical label will be rather phony anyway, eh?

If you spend a moment at my online galleries (click my signature) you'll see my solution to presenting unrelated, somewhat disparate images. The gallery titled "One Moments" contains images that are just that. Actually, perhaps a third of them are parts of projects in-progress that are not quite ready for complete presentation or publication but which I wanted to post individually anyway.

I'll check your site, thanks
I posted this shot but many others got to be in the same subject category
ancient door adorned with ivy leaves
old milestones in the countryside
rogation crosses on the sideways
all of these in the middle of the Nature, not yet landscape views as the main subject is the object.
I think I'll steal ideas from you ans other portfolios I can find on the forum.
Many thanks