• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge: Shoot the one subject with competing/different lenses. Give your insights!

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Michael
the stitched version is really amazing, beautifull work !-):

MKB_08_RR_C.jpg

I have never had the idea to shoot images for stitching from a chopper! lol!

How many shots for hat stitch?

Michael Fontana

pro member
Michael
the stitched version is really amazing, beautifull work !-):

I have never had the idea to shoot images for stitching from a chopper! lol!

How many shots for hat stitch?

Thanks Nicolas,
yep, I' m finally saddisfied with the final version.
From your chopper-shots you know as well, as in these conditions, time is just hurring and you can' t redo it easely.

I did some chopper shots, never tried stitching; but I' m pretty sure that it will work fine , if the chopper remain in plus/minus the same position and the subject isn't moving.... with the approprieate shooting tecnique - still training that one...

no luck for yourt yachts, though ....;-)

There were 5 frames handheld; 3- 4 would have been required, but I used a bigger overlapp; it's hard to guess the correct rotation angles freehand. The pano is about 100 x 95 degs... AFAIK not possible without stitching.

Scott
in term of elections, this sounds better - obviously the building is less important.
The °arround the corner-situation° is better pronounced.

Don't know if the building has any special significance, though.

The building is just a hotel in a prominent location, where half the morning's commuters into the government offices will drive past.

scott

Well, for my purposes, I think I just didn't find what I was looking for, but let's give it a shot. Here's a slightly different exposure, cropped to concentrate on the two figures, while including their names (in Hebrew). Something you might do for a newspaper cut:

effective focal length about 50 mm

L2000173_1.jpg

scott

Just to wrap up this line of thought -- the election was held, and the entrepreneur (on the left) defeated Santa Claus (on the right) by a comfortable margin.

scott

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm, reminded of this excellent thread.

How do you make use of different lenses? Do you bring different ones to explore and vary how your subject may be described, even though, perhaps, you do not even move your vantage point?

Asher