• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Senior Member Ranks! What's the criteria?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi everyone,

You may be surprised as I have been that someone who is obviously a newbie suddenly gets promoted to "Senior Member". This is because there are many setting in the database that we gradually get to know and control with skill and panache!

For now, we have just wiped out a lot of Senior Members status. If you feel this is not fair, PM me.

We'll be devising a new member naming structure that isn't just based on the speed in which one can reach some magic number of posts! No changes have been made based on merit. We simply put a spanner in the works to undo most of the "Senior Member designations. We are going to review this so feel free to post any feelings.

So no one take offense! :)

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kathy, ROTFWL!

You are not in the sandbox!

We are looking into a system which reflects one's efforts in OPF in a sensible way. I'm going to have to get the sand out of my hair and figure it all out!

Asher

Why do we need rankings at all. Perhaps "New Member" for a small number of posts so we all know they are new here. But the rest of us are all members of the community, and equals in that.

What difference does it make whether someone is an active poster or not?