• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Contrails...

fahim mohammed

p598220222-5.jpg

Bernese Oberland.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
p598220222-5.jpg

Bernese Oberland.

Fahim this works so well and is a generous photograph covering a vast expanse of sky and mountains. I often feel that it would be great to write lines in the sky like that!

What interests me especially is the dynamics of how we view it. Do we always see it as a whole or perhaps do you also see two overlapping variants, as I do. One has all of the sky and the lower 1/3 of the landmass removed and the other has all of the landmass and the top 1/3 of the sky removed.

Having said that, I'm not advocating any other version would be better, just musing as to how we see this as a whole or made up of sub-composition?

Asher

fahim mohammed

Jerome, appreciate your comments very much. Thank you.

Asher, strange though it might seem; it is the whole that interests me. Although I too love drawing

in the sky.

A month or so ago, my grand daughter and me lay on the grass making patterns in the sky with the

few clouds that would pass by. I love the simple things!

Best regards to you both.