• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Fence

Antonio Correia

From a walk to wildfire areas

i-ntd8NGb-XL.jpg

Antonio Correia

This wall is perhaps 50 years old, may be more.

It a brick wall with 3,00 meters height. On top they placed these broken pieces of bottles so the most audacious would not jump. A wall not to be ashamed of ;)

After all it is just a separation between a dusty road and a farm...

Perhaps 50 years ago, the farm produced many and good vegetables, fruits and there would be people trying to get them...

I did not take a picture of the road but I hope to be able to do so soon.

In Setúbal during last week we had some wildfires and I head to this road to take some pictures and see a little of the devastation.

Now, the farms are abandoned in spite of the good soil that once they produce to the market.

Here are the remains of an aqueduct which conducted the water to the city, built around the XVIII th century.

i-mzp5vb5-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This wall is perhaps 50 years old, may be more.

It a brick wall with 3,00 meters height. On top they placed these broken pieces of bottles so the most audacious would not jump. A wall not to be ashamed of ;)

After all it is just a separation between a dusty road and a farm...

Perhaps 50 years ago, the farm produced many and good vegetables, fruits and there would be people trying to get them...

I did not take a picture of the road but I hope to be able to do so soon.

In Setúbal during last week we had some wildfires and I head to this road to take some pictures and see a little of the devastation.

Now, the farms are abandoned in spite of the good soil that once they produce to the market.

Here are the remains of an aqueduct which conducted the water to the city, built around the XVIII th century.

i-mzp5vb5-XL.jpg

The design is really impressive and similar to Roman aqueduct supports seen in Israel. The blackened appearance from the Setubal fires is a sadness that should be scrubbed away!

All of London was like that when I grew up from the thick industrial dogs in the winter. Decades ago they scrubbed all the public building pristine clean again!

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Robert for your comment.

I am planning to be on location tonight, to make some moon shots !

There aren't many urban lights in this direction...

Antonio Correia

I went back to the fence and to the place of the wild fire where I intend to go tonight.

Another way to protect a properly and the dusty road reflected.

i-sL3Gnmk-XL.jpg

i-hKTjvp3-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Essentiality of Boundaries in Human Society?

Physical fences are so basic, primitive as sex and defaecation but so necessary for society to grow. Not that fences are impenetrable, but they set boundaries and expectations that those who ignire them, do so at their own peril.

Sending dogs after a stranger in the street is unthinkable, but at 3:00 am in one's country estate, that is considered justifiable.

In personal life, how one dresses also sets up expectations. Unlikely that a philanderer flirts with a nun, a women in a veil or an Haredi Jewess in thick wollen sweater to her neck and skirts to her ankles. These women have set boundaries.

However, women with extrordinarilly revealing clothes believe that "How they dress gives men no license to harass them or look at them as objects". That would be a valid expectations if the men were trained to know that "A personal boundary exists but is imaginary". Meanwhile, he sees what he sees and his heart races. The expectations of women are morally correct, but practically putting themselves into situations where men are not trained to resepct invisible barriers to natural impulse!

Walls hide the luxuries or better property behind them. That way, passers by are not burdoned so much by impulses to take what is not theirs.

It's all about local customs and expectations and context.

Asher

fahim mohammed

To keep one out; or to keep one in.

Just a positional problem..but the worlds can be turned upside down!

Thanks Antonio.