• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Holy Fire, CA

Holy Fire as seen from Fullerton CA a couple days ago. Six floors up in an office building.

From ABC: "The smoke from the California wildfires has not only been impacting the West Coast. Incredibly enough, it has reached New York City -- 3,000 miles away."

01firestart1.jpg

05firehaze.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Holy Fire as seen from Fullerton CA a couple days ago. Six floors up in an office building.

From ABC: "The smoke from the California wildfires has not only been impacting the West Coast. Incredibly enough, it has reached New York City -- 3,000 miles away."

Mike,

I appreciate these timely pictures. This is a serious time for California.

01firestart1.jpg

Ironically handsome!

05firehaze.jpg

Tragic and really depressing.

We have not developed a policy of clearing sufficient fuel to prevent fires, creating their own local hurricane force winds, from moving at will over the vast California Forrest’s.

Thousands of fireman have their lives at risk.

This is an arse-backward way of management, especially with the current certainty of every worsening dry conditions due to global warming.

Flowers are blooming earlier and insects are getting out of synch with the plant pollen cycles, so this will effect the entire ecosystem of plants and insects and the birds, reptiles and mammals that are threatened by ecological mismatches.

We build right into to woodlands and wooded or brush-covered hills, making one way private dirt roads for access. This selfish behavior puts fire crews at risk of being stranded and literally burnt alive!

We have no academic high tech approach to fire fighting, but just throw thousands of men and women at it like a medieval war with axes and pikes!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am horrified that we rely on fragile men and women, paid a modest wage, risking their health, endurance and even life for our stupidity!

Boggles the mind that we’reso primitive in preventing and fighting fires!

Asher