• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flowers in Monochrome!

Michaela Taylor

Michaela your images is great but perhaps you need to sharpen the stamens so they get a more important part of the image and so, enhance the DOF.

Of course this is beautiful, Micharla. You have taken an even handed approach to the flower's elements. It works in your composition. I did pretty much the same as you in the opening post #1, above, of this now wonderful thread.

Still, there are, nevertheless, a lot more choices to consider! There can be brighter and darker parts and also some can be sharper! Just options, not directions or expressions of shortcomings!

As a reference to what's possible, see Chris Calohan's "Dark Wonder"! Works like that certainly make me want to get the very most out of the presentation options available. It's easier with a dark flower where lighting a part can be dramatic. With white flowers, it's possible too, but somewhat harder!

Asher!

That you both for your comments :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
a version of recent set of Cala Lilly pictures.

_dsc2802CC_2014_B&W.jpg

Asher Kelman: Lilly by the wall!

Sony A7R SLeica ummicron 50mm 2.8

Asher

Lee Tracy

fQYSUbVfts-T7pS2VP2wnKyN8wxywmXtY0-FwsgxpCmdiWwgclfahATj1p3VhF6VO4lz4OLzBwriMzszvdy-KFyW7lkFDvBNzbdaUn5rwUpQs0Vh7dg6pL3NVYz4FNvw8alIw3MLdUNrdh44VTbTYFhcalcAvMobzkNGeCBZ8kPFk9ajFLrznLHtYX4lFMYIVR5HliL9glHE4TO-UPd6

Monotoned gazania - the product of fiddling with the settings on my camera. Sometimes exploring options creates unexpected results.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
dsc00151CC_2014_ACR_Summilux_50_Natural Light_800.jpg

Asher Kelman: Fresh Magnolia

Los Angeles 2015

Leica M Summilux 50mm 1.4 Sony A7R

From the tree in a neighbors garden. I had to take out the shed pollen in the lower petals Maybe some is supposed to be transported by the wind?

Asher