• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wide Angle Portraiture

It looks like a distance of about 3 meters? Is that correct. So the child is pretty well not distorted and the milieu that gives context, wraps around beautifully in the b.g.

So what is this sweet distance?

Asher

I would say less than 3 meters. 20mm is pretty wide!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jake,

I am so pleased that this lens is still giving you joy!

I am so mimpressed with this combination of lens choice and placement of the darling children.

28803472541_e1c50e62f7_b.jpg

28263657093_0c631ccb8a_b.jpg

This is so beautiful. It creates an immediacy to the child and also peovides a milieux. It is like you put a sopotlight on a treasured performer on stage.

I wrote the following:

"Now you have entered a new paradigm, Jake. This is something I wondered about, the perspective in the pictures of Loretta Lux.

16.jpg

© Loretta KLux: The Rose Garden 2001

Editorial comment, "Fair Use doctrine"​

What do you think?

Of course you did not have your pictures photoshopped for 18 hours after the pictures was taken, but this has that elusive Loretta Lux "look"!" "​

.....and I am even more convinced that this is the natural way of doing that!

Asher