• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Thinhorn (Stone's) Sheep

Doug Herr

Not to be confused with the Bighorn Sheep, the Thinhorn Sheep of northern North America has two color forms, the white Dall's Sheep of Alaska, Yukon and Northwest Territories, and the gray Stone's Sheep of British Columbia. Intermediate color forms are found in BC and Yukon.

This is Stone's Sheep also called Stone Sheep near Muncho Lake, BC.

stshee00.jpg

stshee01.jpg

stshee02.jpg

stshee03.jpg

stshee04.jpg

stshee05.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Not to be confused with the Bighorn Sheep, the Thinhorn Sheep of northern North America has two color forms, the white Dall's Sheep of Alaska, Yukon and Northwest Territories, and the gray Stone's Sheep of British Columbia. Intermediate color forms are found in BC and Yukon.

This is Stone's Sheep also called Stone Sheep near Muncho Lake, BC.

stshee00.jpg

stshee01.jpg

stshee02.jpg

stshee03.jpg

stshee04.jpg

stshee05.jpg

Doug,

Bravo for this work and generously sharing this fine collection!

Superb photographs of a noble and handsome creature. Do we know whether these are native of this continent or the descendants of animals brought by settlers?

I do know that the tusked wild boars have descended from about 4 pigs brought by the Spanish Conquistadors!

I found an interesting book, The Mountain Sheep of North America!

Asher

Last edited: