• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Street Walk

Robert Watcher

Headed out with my walking camera this afternoon. All pics taken on the move using Shutter Priority mode.

DFF78EE6-0FC3-4E6C-A772-A5B93B5ACE91.jpg

36A3DB3C-DB79-46D4-8C4E-F1ADD26C40B7.jpg

2D1845F2-76D2-49E5-B091-F2AE73FA1E95.jpg

C7B1E58B-8CFA-49CF-BB53-740510742EA0.jpg

2E824926-6255-440A-9408-0E0ABCF78A5C.jpg

E99CC47F-088B-4F39-A64D-9F5A30DA0E0F.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert,

The unstraightened natural angles of the shots, put us on your stroll, by your side and we feel we are walking along these streets, beathing in the air and the folk are smiling at us too.

This is such a penetrating and intimate embedded way of photography, akin to that film, "The Blair Witch project", with hand held movie camera on the chase through the woods!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Robert,

This is an amazing interaction between a young, apparently strong man and a lady with a huge load. It's likley something he sees often.Something the society is used to. That's the way things happen.

What is he thinking? "Oh, so so are coming down from your village, what a load you have to carry!"

[/IMG]​

In the U.K., this sight would challenge a gentleman's honor. He might come to her aid, apologetically, "Ma'am, that loks terribly heavy. May I assist you with your luggage?"

He doesnt realize that she has another one and a half miles to carry them, LOL!

Asher

Robert Watcher

A very interesting set of images ! :)

We are planning to make some kind of travel to the Latin America soon or perhaps next year in November...

I rarely use shutter priority. Do you have Auto ISO ON for more flexibility ?

Thanks Antonio.

Yes I virtually always use Auto ISO in whatever mode I am shooting. The Olympus allows a low and high ISO setting for the AUTO mode.

While shooting I constantly move between Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Program Modes - depending on the subject matter. Each one of those modes has a custom setup that sets when I turn the dial to them, but I can easily override those settings - as an example my default Shutter Speed in The S setting is 1/1250 sec, but I can spin the dial to 1/800 or 1/2500 and then it resets to 1/1250 when I turn the camera on or change the dial.

The feature I use most often when shooting in any of the modes, is Exposure Compensation. My thumb is always on the large dial on top - spinning from -7 to +1.5 or whatever is needed as I see it in the EVF or in the LCD screen.

———

Robert Watcher

Robert,

This is an amazing interaction between a young, apparently strong man and a lady with a huge load. It's likley something he sees often.Something the society is used to. That's the way things happen.

What is he thinking? "Oh, so so are coming down from your village, what a load you have to carry!"

[/IMG]​

In the U.K., this sight would challenge a gentleman's honor. He might come to her aid, apologetically, "Ma'am, that loks terribly heavy. May I assist you with your luggage?"

He doesnt realize that she has another one and a half miles to carry them, LOL!

Asher

I actually know what probably was going on here. I was standing on a corner shooting the women walking down a side street coming toward me. She approached me asking if I wanted to see the handmade textiles in the bag on her back. After that interaction, she carried on walking down the street and I following her taking several shots as people passed by her. When I got to the next corner, she turned to me and asked if I wanted pantalones that she had in the bag on her head.

Every day these Myan men and women travel into the city from the surrounding mountains, sometimes a 4 hour drive or more. They tirelessly walk around the streets all day long, trying to sell their wares. I’m sure she was giving this fellow a sales pitch as he passed by her.

——-

Antonio Correia

Thanks Antonio.

Yes I virtually always use Auto ISO in whatever mode I am shooting. The Olympus allows a low and high ISO setting for the AUTO mode.

While shooting I constantly move between Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority and Program Modes - depending on the subject matter. Each one of those modes has a custom setup that sets when I turn the dial to them, but I can easily override those settings - as an example my default Shutter Speed in The S setting is 1/1250 sec, but I can spin the dial to 1/800 or 1/2500 and then it resets to 1/1250 when I turn the camera on or change the dial.

The feature I use most often when shooting in any of the modes, is Exposure Compensation. My thumb is always on the large dial on top - spinning from -7 to +1.5 or whatever is needed as I see it in the EVF or in the LCD screen.

Good tactics !