• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Muse Visits! Kirstie! "Bare"

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was at Century City Mall and there was a couple behind me. The girl smiled at me and I said, "I will photograph you if you remember my email!"

....and she did! My wife was impressed!

She came with a bear and we shopped for a dress. (of course I forgot to return it so my wide had a credit and did a shopping spree a month later)!

DSC02895_700.jpg

Asher Kelman: Kirstie, #1

From the Series "Bare" 2016

The Artist's corner Gallery

Sunset Blvd, Los angeles

Comments welcome!

Asher

I was at Century City Mall and there was a couple behind me. The girl smiled at me and I said, "I will photograph you if you remember my email!"

She came with a bear and we shopped for a dress. (of course I forgot to return it so my wide had a credit and did a shopping spree a month later)!

DSC02895_700.jpg

Sunset Blvd, Los angeles

Comments welcome!

Asher

Such gorgeous light. I like this image a lot. She is all grown up and fully a woman, but having the image with the bear and the way her feet are slightly turned in reminds us that she still has an attachment with her child side as holding something so soft and friendly makes us feel secure and comfortable. I love it!

Asher Kelman

Such gorgeous light. I like this image a lot. She is all grown up and fully a woman, but having the image with the bear and the way her feet are slightly turned in reminds us that she still has an attachment with her child side as holding something so soft and friendly makes us feel secure and comfortable. I love it!

Maggie,

I read your comments to Kirstie as she was driving me from a fabrication shop back to LA. She's thrilled by your reading of her pose as that's exactly the set of feelings of childhood connection and vulnerability she was trying to convey!

Asher

James Lemon

DSC02895_700.jpg

Sunset Blvd, Los angeles

Comments welcome!

Asher

Fabulous introduction Asher... this image works well on many levels! I would hope that we will see more of her.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

DSC02895_700.jpg

Sunset Blvd, Los angeles

Comments welcome!

A precious image and of course a precious subject - two, actually.

The dress is somehow very "fitting".

Bravo!

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Here's another in the series

DSC02886Kirstie Repeated from RAW FACE.jpg

Asher Kelman: Kirstie, #2

Hope you like this too!

Asher

Last edited:

James Lemon

Here's another in the series

DSC02886Kirstie Repeated from RAW FACE.jpg

Asher Kelman: Kirstie, #2

Hope you like this too!

Asher

Hi Asher

I really like the form in this and the added texture! Wonderful theme and the the part she is playing I can understand.

I think it would be difficult to outdo yourself on this. I am curious as to what other treasures you have

In store for us?

Best, regards
James

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Abbott

For me, her facial expressions and her grip on the bear in the initial image suggest some angst and tension...The whole look suggests that she is in some consternation with that bear. If only there was a smile, cheeky or otherwise to break that...

Nice lighting though, no harsh shadows...

fahim mohammed

A charmingly enchanting and homely image. Wonderfully presented.

But Asher, you would have had to try extremely hard to wreck an image of a beautiful teddy!

Asher Kelman

It works out that I forget to return that white dress and my wife finds it in the high class swanky shopping bag boasting the logo of a store she thinks is way too expensive.

So she returned it and with the credit and was fitted with a whole new outfit and a fabulous headscarf!

Asher

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

It works out that I forget to return that white dress and my wife finds it in the high class swanky shopping bag boasting the logo of a store she thinks is way too expensive.

So she returned it and with the credit was fitted with a whole new outfit and a fabulous headscarf!

Excellent! So as we say here, "Everything came out, even,"

Best regards,

Doug