• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Having some fun

Playing around with the softbox. I didn't notice the blue tint to her eyes last night.

8530530664_5ce692ba40_c.jpg

A few more for fun.

8530530264_d26346808e_c.jpg

8530530480_94f69f503c_c.jpg

8529417337_0d8d22b12a_c.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Playing around with the softbox. I didn't notice the blue tint to her eyes last night.

Jake,

So cute! Lucky father! Are you going to correct it? At the same time, can you explore her hair. Seems that there are a lot of curls hidden there!!!

Asher

Jake,

So cute! Lucky father! Are you going to correct it? At the same time, can you explore her hair. Seems that there are a lot of curls hidden there!!!

Asher

I should correct it. We'll see if her dad(brother-in-law) wants a print I will. I knew I should have brought a second stand and a snoot for my other flash for the hair.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Playing around with the softbox.

Jake,

The lighting is fine! A delightful family picture. Very well done. Remind me of family pictures taken in the early 20th century! The adorable girl is such a good poser for portraits!

Is there just one soft box, what's the size and where is it?

O.K. for the formal, you aced that; what about the two interacting, something softer? Who is the handsome young man?

Asher

Jake,

The lighting is fine! A delightful family picture. Very well done. Remind me of family pictures taken in the early 20th century! The adorable girl is such a good poser for portraits!

Is there just one soft box, what's the size and where is it?

O.K. for the formal, you aced that; what about the two interacting, something softer? Who is the handsome young man?

Asher

It is a interfit 2x3 softbox w/eggcrate and internal baffle in place. Placed 45 degrees camera-right just above their heads.

I've only gotten to finish up 4 images from that day so far. I have a few more to mess around with. That is Alex, Savans father. You've seen his other son Allen in other recent threads I believe.
http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16049

Jarmo Juntunen

Hi Jake, nice pictures. I enjoy taking pictures of kids, they are so open and real. What you see is what you get, eh!

My personal favourite is the last one. However, looks to me as if the lower part of the image is a bit underexposed. Maybe a reflector might have helped?

Hi Jake, nice pictures. I enjoy taking pictures of kids, they are so open and real. What you see is what you get, eh!

My personal favourite is the last one. However, looks to me as if the lower part of the image is a bit underexposed. Maybe a reflector might have helped?

Over use of the the burn tool I think.