• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Alucine

Leonardo Boher

pro member
Hehe... Thanks Asher. I would say is my favorite portrait. I love yelowsih tones but nowadays I'm enjoying the almost saturated way and the gray scales/sepias. Anyway, the picture tells me what to do in most of the cases. It's so weird finding myself each day more in focus, you know. I like baroque music a lot, but a lot. Never though it will be so powerfull. I heard that music in year 1999 and I liked a lot. The same with photographs, I loved taking pics with candle lights because the warm tone and the high contrast, people told me about Caravaggio and Rembrandt, Renaissance Painters... I just got no idea about that, but I liked a lot those paintings. Now I'm more into that but I certainly don't know photographers more than in Deviant Art and Art Limited. I'm certainly not interested indeed, just Ansel Adams caught my attention mostly because the zonal system... Each day pass I'm getting less naïve haha...

Leonardo Boher

pro member
This is simply exquisite. Light, shadows, tonality that gives it an ageless feel. A model that is a real human in real human relationships.

Wow... impressive comment, really hits my heart because I used to dream too much that way about ethereal and being punched very hard by reality. I know reality will punch me again and several time in a row, but I just don't care, I'm aware of my dreams and the reality to get knocked out :)

Leonardo Boher

pro member
You must have ended up exhausted after such a lengthy editing session. But, it was very worthy, the end result is nothing short of spectacular.
Would you care to share the steps you took in the creation of this wonderful image with us?

Exhausted? Nah... She got exhausted XD Haha!!

the steps, there are not steps. It's just turning into something tangible what's inside my head/heart. A good track in minor for harpsichord or pipe organ is a must in order to achieve this.

some steps are playing with the WB and Tint, also Camera Calibration and saturation/vibrancy. I do love crunching the tint and desaturating the tones... just squezze the photograph. Other slider will recover the data lost if that happens and it will give another kind of result than just keeping the sliders into the boundaires. After crushing the pic, you can go back by moving sliders till the image get in focus with your in-mind image. Enjoy the process and that's all.

Leonardo Boher

pro member
Leonardo, a timeless quality to the image. days gone by. I am standing in a museum looking at a painting.

I shall mark it as one of favorite portraits i have seen.

Best.

Wow... I've never thought it was so good like museums or such. I really like it, indeed, it's my favorite portrait. Just the 0,01% of my pictures were shown in public. Haha... I must do an exhibition, but how.... Will figure it, now I have money to do that! Yeah. You know, I always forget doing an exhibition... Mmmhhh... I remembered why I do not like exhibitions, because the printer shops sucks and the places also sucks. Yes, that's why... In fact, I don't print my works, if you wonder. Inks are imported and paper too, meaning the cost is 4 times more expensive than in the countries where the stuff was made... Will do it, but not now.

Paul Abbott

This is a fantastic image, its very painterly, just like an old masters painting. Wonderful.

A crop at her shoulder line would really work well too, enforcing the look of an old masters portrait further.

Fantastic, nonetheless.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This picture still fascinates me. Why do we not see more portraits like this? Is it out of fashion or do people rely on the automatic camera, rather then leveraging the properties of light?

Asher