• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My New Blog!

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Hi,

Just wanted to invite you all over to my new blog which I've started with my good friend and partner in crime (we shoot weddings together!) Allan Hyman.

http://thedustylenscap.com

The idea is to showcase and talk about photography coming out of Israel. In general photography is done here on a shoe string relative to Europe or the US due to high taxes and high costings of equipment so it's interesting to show what is being done.

The concept of the blog is to centre more on the artistic side of things but there will be a few techy articles as well. We've started well with a couple of great guest entries, I'm hoping to have a fashion photographer working out of Tel Aviv writing and an article by the European Leaf representative coming soon!

Have a look, hit like on the facebook page and thanks!

Ben

Doug Kerr

Hi, Ben,

Hi,

Just wanted to invite you all over to my new blog which I've started with my good friend and partner in crime (we shoot weddings together!) Allan Hyman.
Well, it is just lovely. Congratulations to the both of you.

This is of course meta-art: art about art! (I hyphenate the word, in the old-fashioned way, for ease in recognizing the pronunciation.)

I continue to so much enjoy your "eye".

Are you "permanently" located in Israel? I note the "Manchester" slug on your postings here.

Best regards,

Doug

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Ben,

Congratulations. I have read all the posts on your blog, it was interesting enough to spend the required time on it. :)
The story behind your new contemplation series and why you have started using those arcane lenses became much clearer after reading the related blog posts, it wasn't as clear based on your posts here in OPF tbh. So the blog adds definitely value.

Mazzel tov....

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Hi, Ben,

Well, it is just lovely. Congratulations to the both of you.

This is of course meta-art: art about art! (I hyphenate the word, in the old-fashioned way, for ease in recognizing the pronunciation.)

I continue to so much enjoy your "eye".

Are you "permanently" located in Israel? I note the "Manchester" slug on your postings here.

Best regards,

Doug

Hi Doug,

For some years now I have been 'living' in Jerusalem while running my wedding photography business in the UK which to all extents and purposes meant that I lived in the UK and took extended vacations and weekends back in Jerusalem! :) Due to a deteriorating economic situation in the UK, deteriorating health in general and an influx of competition in the UK the amount of work there has dropped dramatically over the past couple of years. I have tentitavely started working out here as a 2nd photographer for my partner and I actually almost finished my new website launching my business out here, giving an English service to anglo's making weddings out here, a superior style of service to the norm out here to be honest. The website is at www.studiobeniisrael.com and is pretty much 99% finished as of now.

I've also launched this blog because I was interested in showcasing the photography coming out of the country, there are some incredible artists, all using a fraction of the resources which are the norm in more developed countries and there is a lot of art out there which can be celebrated. There are more PJ's per capita here in Jerusalem than anywhere else in the world as well as more photographic art schools in this city than there are in any city worlwide. There is hopefully a large well of knowledge, experience and thought to be shared. I'm also interested in showcasing video projects being done here, especially by the schools. I find the college projects in both photography and video to be fascinating.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Ben,

Thanks for the scoop. Sounds like you are off on an ambitious undertaking!

The Web site for Studio Beni Israel is lovely.

Best regards,

Doug