• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The ProPhoto Home Forum changes hands, or maybe feet

Doug Kerr

Not too long ago, Drew Strickland, proprietor of the ProPhoto Home forums, advised that he would be offering the forums for sale. He said that the demands of his ColorRight photographic accessory enterprise precluded his giving the Forum the attention it deserved.

Recently, a new member with the handle "Mike_thenew_Boss" appeared on the forum, speaking as if he were the new proprietor. There was not really any formal announcement of a new situation for the forum, but his first post, mounted in the Canon 1-series Digital SLR section (where else!), entitled "IT IS COMING! A Bright New Future - Watch this Space!", discussed the great things that were to come in the forum under his leadership.

I greeted the new member-and-presumably-proprietor and said if would be nice to know who he was. His response was condescending. (Imagine - me receiving a condescending response from a proprietor of the Pro Photo Forum!) He said that he was well-known, and outlined some of the technical areas in which he has worked in the past.

He made the observation that one of the hallmarks of many great scientists was that they were careless with grammar and spelling.

He closed his first missive thus: "But please gentlemen! I would welcome ideas. This is a time when 'wouldn't it be nice if' can be made to come true."

I replied simply, "And the ladies are on their own!".

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

Hi Doug.

I visited the site, for the first time.

The previous owner was asking for 40k with e-mail addresses!! Less without.

Hmmm!

Regards.

Jerome Marot

Hi Doug.

I visited the site, for the first time.

The previous owner was asking for 40k with e-mail addresses!! Less without.

Hmmm!

Regards.

I also had a look at the site for the first time. The previous owner is still asking for 40K, meaning the site is not sold and "Mike_thenew_Boss" somebody joking at the expense of the members.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Jerome,
I also had a look at the site for the first time. The previous owner is still asking for 40K, meaning the site is not sold and "Mike_thenew_Boss" somebody joking at the expense of the members.
My first thought, certainly.

Best regards,

Doug