• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Intro to fine art photo sales?

Tracy Lebenzon

Does anyone know of a book or two that I can get for someone that discusses photos as art and or at least discusses fine art photos as a saleable commodity?

What I'm looking for is something I can give to a gallery owner who says she doesn’t know anything about photography and is interested in showing and selling photos as fine art. The gallery currently sells only traditional art (painting, etching, sculpture).

I suggest you get Cay Lang's book "Taking the Leap - Building a Career as a Visual Artist" It contains lots of important info on the "art" world

Tracy Lebenzon

I did some digging and found the following:

The Art of Collecting Photography by Laura Noble.
Collecting Photography by Gerry Badger.

Both above can be found on Amazon and other places.

I've been working through the following link and it’s a pretty good resource and also shows what many galleries are doing now. http://art-collecting.com/photography.htm