• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

on the edge

Walking on my local beach, and nothing really to photograph for hours, I decided to look at the little things instead, and while looking around it caught my attention that those molluska appear to sit often enough right on the edge of little sand dunes. I do not have a macro lense, so my 14-54mm had to do the job and for that I had to crawl up an odd angle on a somewhat steep sand dune to get close. After taking a few shots, some sand collapsed over me and burried my head and camera in sand. <cough grins cough> So I went back to the shore and washed the sand of my camera in the incoming tide and continued shooting for half an hour, another good rinse in the kitchen sink at home took care of the saltwater. Thanks God for sealed camera bodies!

jpeg_cmpr_atlantic-mollusk2web660.jpg

jpeg_cmpr_atlantic-molluskweb759.jpg

Yup! Sand is a killer, hence I decided to that somewhat drastic measure to drown her in the ocean, and you bet I was worried.

I wonder, does the little picture above still appear "natural" to the observer?

Reason I am asking is that I selected each of the 5 chaps and used a shadow highlight filter to give them a little more glow.

Klaus Esser

pro member
Walking on my local beach, and nothing really to photograph for hours, I decided to look at the little things instead, and while looking around it caught my attention that those molluska appear to sit often enough right on the edge of little sand dunes. I do not have a macro lense, so my 14-54mm had to do the job and for that I had to crawl up an odd angle on a somewhat steep sand dune to get close. After taking a few shots, some sand collapsed over me and burried my head and camera in sand. <cough grins cough> So I went back to the shore and washed the sand of my camera in the incoming tide and continued shooting for half an hour, another good rinse in the kitchen sink at home took care of the saltwater. Thanks God for sealed camera bodies!

jpeg_cmpr_atlantic-molluskweb759.jpg

what does she listen to? :)

bst, Klaus