• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Sunday's job…

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I've been shooting this nice boat in Britanny last Sunday.
It has been built in France and designed by Berret-Racoupeau Design, the interior was designed by Pierre Frutschi.

Fastly processed for review.
Enjoy!

_45R1665_BR74.jpg

_45R1700_BR74.jpg

_45R1811_BR74.jpg

_45R1863_BR74.jpg

ErikJonas

Banned

Very nice Nicolas.....If i come to France maybe we could go sailing lol.....I have no sea legs though....

Nice shots....I did some inside a boat once...Never edited them and i'm sure they dont look nearly as good as yours....Outstanding....

ErikJonas

Banned

So i'll ask the most irrelevant question there is...What are you shooting with?...I now shoot with the Pentax K20D and the 2.8 16-50 lens...The majority of what i have was shot with the Pentax *ist an a cheap 18-55 lens......Anyway....I am assuming you shoot Nikon or Canon and that was done with a 10-20 lens?

nicolas claris

I'm shooting with a canon 1DS3.
Interior shots with a Nikkor 14-24mm and special adaptor.
Sailing shots with 24-70, 70-200 IS and 500mm (all L lenses from Canon)

Pentax K20D is a good camera afaik!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

_45R2315_BR74.jpg

This so well composed picture is my favorite. The pattern of the wood on the deck in an series of overlapping V's project an idea of movement. The sails add the feminine to her and are related by the same motif! May she sail in fair seas! I hope they never go near the coast of Somalia! This is too precious a work of art to be scratched!

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned
I'm shooting with a canon 1DS3.
Interior shots with a Nikkor 14-24mm and special adaptor.
Sailing shots with 24-70, 70-200 IS and 500mm (all L lenses from Canon)

Pentax K20D is a good camera afaik!

afaik????

14-24 lens...A photographer friend of mine got a 10-20 lens...He told me he almost never used it at 10....So maybe 14-24 is a better range....I had decided my next lens would be a 10-20...

Just wondering Nicolas where have you sailed to?

I dont know the Canon line...Is the 1DS3 a newer model?How many megs is it?....The K20D i use is 14.5

nicolas claris

afaik: as far as I know

Shooting ultra wide angle such as 14 mm is quite a special deal… see here: http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8752
if you're interested in searching different results whith different focal lens, you may have some fun reading this: http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7257

The 1Ds3 it till now the top of the pro line at Canon, it is a full frame (24x36mm) camera with a 21.7 million pixels.

Where have I sailed? Mediterranean sea, North Atlantic, Pacific, Indian Oceans… Carribeans, Bahamas, Tahiti, Maldives, Australia, Tasmania, Greece, Sardinia, Corsica, Spain, Italy, Sweden etc…

nicolas claris

Another one for Asher… look well there's a head appearing somewhere… watching you!

_45R2093_BR74.jpg

Last edited: