• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Going up

Mike Shimwell

No explanation needed!

4126704288_197869b08b_o.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mike,

I do think that this particular picture could, perhaps, come to have more significance by presenting a somewhat smaller version with a matte and thin black frame. It needs to a place to be carved out for it to dominate. When it's this big, it reaches the top and bottom of the screen and so the context is my computer. with the white bars, the picture ends being segmenting.

I have a great belief that we must really ask every time whether or not the presentation is up to the demands of the picture. This really needs a large white wall in a modern gallery. The best we can do is reproduce it here with a large amount of white space around it.

The payoff for this extra trouble might well be be a richer experience of this simple but impressive image.

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned

Yeah what he said....

Mike,

I do think that this particular picture could, perhaps, come to have more significance by presenting a somewhat smaller version with a matte and thin black frame. It needs to a place to be carved out for it to dominate. When it's this big, it reaches the top and bottom of the screen and so the context is my computer. with the white bars, the picture ends being segmenting.

I have a great belief that we must really ask every time whether or not the presentation is up to the demands of the picture. This really needs a large white wall in a modern gallery. The best we can do is reproduce it here with a large amount of white space around it.

The payoff for this extra trouble might well be be a richer experience of this simple but impressive image.

Asher