• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

...Fahim..... a buffalo Robe!

ErikJonas

Banned
Erik, Stuart,

Let's stay civil in our exchanges. Posting in a forum doesn't always succeed in properly conveying emotions, so the intentions of remarks can be misinterpreted. I'm confident that Stuart's remark was intended with a bit of humor, but more so as a point of attention.

Obviously, when faced with a subject with both foreground and background detail, it is not always possible to avoid getting other (distracting) things in focus. The question is, how can we avoid that from happening, as it would most likely benefit the impact of the image.

One of the characteristis of OPF is that we can speak our minds, in a civil manner, and in return we can collect the benefits of the huge pool of knowledge. We can get pointed out things which may have escaped our attention, we can learn how others see an image without the personal involvement/prejudice we have ourselves, we can learn new methods of shooting/post processing, etc. When we have the intent to help and be open to learn from others, life becomes much more rewarding.

Cheers,
Bart

Hi Bart....I dont ever care if someone is critical of a image and specially if its a technical flaw or other really noticable thing but the whole something growing out of the models head comment which i have heard about other peoples images is a sore spot with me as its so incredably stupid. Maybe he was joking i dont know but its just one of the stupidest things someone can say about a image and some people say that very seriously....If a model is standing against a chain link fence and theres a pole of the fence behind her head and you say well looks like shes got a pole growing out of her head your a idiot....I dont know who started that as a standard but who ever did is a idiot....

So when i see his comment i was just like please you cant be serious..Next time i'll just let it go_One of my very early images got that comment about the pole growing out of the models head and it just struck me as so stupid i could'nt believe someone was actually saying that...I know especially in a model image its never acceptable but i still find it to be stupid.

I dont think Stuart intended it as a joke. I'm not mad at him about it nor would i hold a grudge.State my mind about the comment and move on....No worries...

StuartRae

some people say that very seriously....If ........you say well looks like shes got a pole growing out of her head your a idiot...

I, and many other people I know, think that such things are best avoided if possible. Of course you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but I'd prefer it if you didn't call me an idiot.

Nuff said, let's forget the matter.

Regards,

Stuart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I apologize for any offense given and taken on both sides.

However, we cannot use the word idiot. It's not P.C. but more so it's inconsiderate to developmentally-challenged folk, a tragedy in any family. Please remember that someone here will be looking after such a relative and with a lot of love and treasuring of the best parts of a human soul.

Back to the pole in the head comment. It's in the range of normally expected values folk have in judging photographs; so much so that it has been used in counter-culture photography, where the artist purposely shoots a man with a pole right behind him, breaking the "rule". This was considered revolutionary, a sort of grand protest. Still it did not change the expectations we have for seeing the model in a form that's agreeable and pleasant. However, apart from such intention shocking designs and protests against "the rules", it's almost never justified here to omit pointing out the negative value of having a person posed by a pole or branch like that. In simple terms, it reminds us to clone that out if that fits in with out esthetic sense of allowable things to do and the picture is not for a newspaper or to document something for medico legal or historical purposes.

I suggest in future that we all assume good will. No eruptions please! It's absolutely unacceptable. The matter of insults is now closed and back to Erik's very engaging series with fabulous Jordan. We can talk about poles through the head or from the head in another thread if someone wishes, LOL!

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned
I, and many other people I know, think that such things are best avoided if possible. Of course you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but I'd prefer it if you didn't call me an idiot.

Nuff said, let's forget the matter.

Regards,

Stuart

Stuart.....I was not calling you a idiot, the context i was using that in that post was a general context more so that i think its idiotic for anyone to say that and not in this instance with the trees but more so with a pole of any type.....If you follow that..

Asher....I have some more typical shots of Jordan to be posted..Some of her model shots i have done.When i get my system back i'll e-mail those to you....