• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cold............

ErikJonas

Banned
12 degrees outside this morning....Built a fire and am going job hunting but i dont like the idea of putting on a suit an tie as its not the warmest of clothing when its almost single digit cold out....BBRRRRRRRRR..........12 degrees,we dont get this kind of cold often....

ErikJonas

Banned
Hi Fahim...That would be F....Come have a warm cup of coffee with me Fahim =) I like to keep it 80 inside,you wont be cold....

fahim mohammed

I am sitting outside right now at 1141. Clear winter sky. A slight nip in the air. I can see Orion and Sirius ,
the constellation of taurus, Vega has gone to the east. Oh, there is copernicus kissing the horizon.
It is 18 C down here right now.

I would be inside in the summers though!

ErikJonas

Banned

Duke I was not aware theres was a Cougar on the board. I wont hold this against you. Yeah i heard it was down cold there...I'll take my 12 and be happy with it lol....

Fahim...Inside in the summer?....And how nice you know your stars...You probably can see them better in your part of the world. I dont know my stars. The moon i know other then that lol i'm lost.

Its going to be cold tonight.I have a warm fire. Its sad many people are out in this cold. Homeless people. Not near me. In the cities though......

Go Cougs... really glad football season is over... it's been brutal.. oh well.. at least we didn't go 0-12. ;-)
It's 14 degrees today and supposed to double that tomorrow ..

Mike Nogle

46 F and raining here in Daejeon S Korea. I am told the Siberian winds start arriving in January. So Duke, did you keep tabs on my Vandals? last I checked they were doing pretty good this season.

Mike

The Vandals did fine .. ended up 7-5 .... they are going to the Humanitarian bowl in exotic Boise.. Glad we didn't have to play them this year..........

ErikJonas

Banned
46 F and raining here in Daejeon S Korea. I am told the Siberian winds start arriving in January. So Duke, did you keep tabs on my Vandals? last I checked they were doing pretty good this season.

Mike

Mike i'd go for 46 lol....Right now its at 12...But those Siberian winds dont sound too pleasant.

Doug.....You know Cougar fans are best seen not heard. With this last season theres not a lot to be heard from Cougars....Theres always ummm High School teams,there ya go...

Doug i think i saw some where in Washington its going to be down to 1

Rachel i'm glad you said that..Any other teams you pull for? Rachel in the spirit of OPF we could try to point Doug in the direction of a better team like UW...

No word yet from Asher on team or tempature....

Fahim i saw the big dipper tonight and thought of you....Great i'm seeing stars and thinking of a guy, thats just wrong...

Steve Robinson

Here on the plains of Southern Montana it's a balmy -10°C/14°F compared to yesterday morning's -25°C/-13°F. We may even get up to freezing by the weekend. Woohoo!

StuartRae

Nothing really cold here yet, although the next few days promise the first real taste of winter.
However, a few weeks ago a record rainfall was recorded when over 12 inches of rain fell in one day at Seathwaite in the Lake District. Several towns and villages were flooded, homes and shops ruined and bridges washed away or damaged. One police officer lost his life when the bridge he was directing traffic away from collapsed.

Seathwaite is the wettest inhabited place in England, but further up the fells it's even wetter :)

http://www.stridingedge.net/Keswick%20Floods.htm

Seathwaite Farm October 2008.

seathwaite2.jpg

Stuart