• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Glad to see this forum !

Tony Bonanno

pro member
Greetings from Santa Fe, New Mexico,

Just came back from a 6 day shoot in Bemuda where it rained for five of those days (thank goodness for the weather sealing on those EOS 1 bodies and lenses !). Playing catchup (paying bills and trying to get the 4000 nozzles/lines unclogged) when the phone rings and its Will Thompson asking me if I had checked out the OpenPhotographyForums site ?? WOW, glad I did, see a lot of old friends and familiar names here and a philosophy that feels good. Thank you adminstrators and moderators for putting the energy and time into creating these forums !! Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Sincerely,

Tony Bonanno

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Welcome on board Tony
Have just quickly visited your website and they are some beautifull architecture and ... horses shot.
I encourage all to check your site.

Have great time here...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nicolas Claris said:
Welcome on board Tony
Have just quickly visited your website and they are some beautifull architecture and ... horses shot.
I encourage all to check your site.

Have great time here...

Let me add my warm welcome too. I like your work. Browse through our site and send back criticism to me. also do you shoot MF or LF, we need to really strengthen that area. It is so important!

Thanks,

This is your home so feel free to make your ideas known, but I don't want Nicolas to jump off his chase helicopter over the open ociean, in fright!

Asher

Tony Bonanno

pro member
Thank you Nicolas and Asher for the nice reception and welcome. Glad you liked the site. You have so many talented, creative photographers here. The moderators list is a "who's who" in the photo world. So much knowledge and experience to share. What a great resource you have created!

Regarding MF and LF.. No, not at the present time. I have a freezer full of 120/220 for my MF gear, but haven't used any of it for about two years! I keep thinking I will, but I seem to have become locked into the digital workflow since acquiring my first Canon full frame digital body (also about two years ago). I do agree it is important though and I find myself a little concerned about becoming so detached from film. I'm currently trying to achieve a little better balance between my "commercial" work and my "personal" work. Perhaps MF/LF film will find a place in some of my personal work in the future ?

I noticed somewhere Asher you mentioned that you were getting back into B&W film along with digital. I think there are many others who are doing this also and it will be interesting to see what your thoughts are about it down the road.

Tony