• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Illuma Memory Books

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Has anyone here used the Illuma Memory Books from Apollo Imagizing? I've been very interested in this book for a while, I wanted an Asuka style book but with a leather cover for use as a preview album. Illuma offer both leatherette and and a suede cover.

I ordered a sample album in Suede. The cover is beautifull, really impressive as is the general build. But the printing isn't as good as I expected. Looks kind of like cheap inkjet though it is supposed to be a quality offset process, the colour is fine but the detail looks rather chunky and the blacks seem almost to show banding, you can see how the ink has lain on the paper during the printing process. Is this just me, am I expecting too much given that I'm used to chemical prints, could it be that in sharpening for printing on a frontier I've oversharpened for offset hence the problem?

Anyone who is using this book or has seen one, if you can comment I would be grateful.