• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Zenfolio and Blogging

John Wolf

I've been very impressed with Zenfolio and am in the process of consolidating my various web presences there.

I just added blogging, which is now integral to ZF. Its functionality is basic, and configuration capability is somewhat limited, but it meets my modest needs as a hobbyist.

I'm not sure yet if I'm a blogger, but we'll see how that goes.

I wanted to invite my OPF friends to have a look. The blog is a link off the main menubar.

John

This is a timely post, John. I've had Zenfolio marked as a favorite in my browser for about a year now with intentions of eventually creating something similar to your effort. Speaking of which, thanks for the link to your blog and photos. Navigation is intuitive, the photos were a pleasure, and your blog entries were well thoughtfully written—OPF members will enjoy "Strength of the Subtle".

Your blog, "A Favorite Chair" was fun to read because I saw originally your photo of the chair while surfing through your galleries earlier. The built in cup holder made me smile. It led to thoughts about the builder of the chair, which then led to thoughts about the photographer of the chair. Sometimes there is magic in simple things.

John Wolf

Thank you, Tom. I can't tell you how much I am enjoying ZF. I used to develop my own sites in Dreamweaver, thinking I wanted total control. There are a few things you cannot change in ZF, but overall I'm surprised at the depth of control. You cannot enter custom CSS code, which would be nice. And the add-ins can't compare to those offered by WordPress and others.

I'm a long-time Lightroom user and the LR export to Zenfolio is a huge convenience. I have three presets for my different gallery sizings and the blog photos, so it's very quick.

Thanks also for the comment on the blog and photos. I know the best photographs can stand on their own. But it's sometimes nice to be able to explain your experience of a scene or a picture. I like that blogging offers that capability.

John