• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

from blooming to withering

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

Every year I appreciate the tulips very much as they give an overwhelming blooming and a fascinating withering. In every way outstanding beauties.
(All shots done with the Fuji X-T2, XF55-200mm, natural light, C1, the first one was finished with Exposure's Agfacolor-Preset)

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
That's interesting, I immediately took those as beautifu and what everyone would simply love.

But the one's on the black b.g. are so dramatic and cannot be ignored!

Asher Kelman
They are very nice and beautifully fulfilled but for me they are too "easy" and lack of subtlety compare to the clear ones with real shadows…

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi

thanks for your remarks, very much appreciated ...
By the way, the black backgrounds are not fullfilled ...

Hi Wolfgang, in fact I was searching a word to say that they were well made, well done, good technique etc.
I don't know if executed could be the right word. I did not meant that they were filled with black…
Sorry for my lack of vocabulary in English…

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Wolfgang,

I like this concept. It's actually very important as part of our very fabric of thought and self-realization as a thinking living being, aware of mortaility. Perhaps this type of picture set could be set up for us a challenge to illustrate this, as it is, after all, a grand metaphor for life only second to the "Master Metaphor: "Life as a Journey".

Consider a rock songwriter, often make a brilliant composition or two at the age of 22 and then plays that song for the rest of his/her life, but it gets older. Nothing matches the blossom of youth!

Most novelists can actually produce only one good book. Then it is all gone from them!

That ability to blossom is obvious in the beauty of young women....but dont dare look at their mother's fat legs, blotchy face, odd wrinkles and thinning dyed hair.

Some. creatives continue their whole life, like Picasso or Albert Einstein, but that is rare!

The flower in bloom, that withers,
surely is part of the wonder and great
tragedy of life. Such limits, most of us ignore
and deny, right until, our canoe, captured by the
rapids, is jettisoned, over waterfall, to oblivion!

Asher

Wolfgang, these are superbly beautiful. It doesn't hurt you much that I have a bit of a love affair with tulips. I've photographed them at all stages, before being fully open to to their emotional demise.. gorgeous. You have done them justice and now I cannot wait for us to have tulips here too, but even to buy will be more than a month, at the very least.

I do hope you take more and share them with us, as they are absolutely wonderful!

:) Maggie