• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nik or Phase One

Antonio Correia

Which software for black and white ?

Black & White Styles or Nik's collection ?

Meanwhile for those who wish they are making a promotion on a bundle which doesn' include the back and white solution.
i-4RTHZXJ-L.png
[/IMG]
i-QQJ936K-L.png

i-GZSqgzW-L.png

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hah, hah!

“Phase one v Nik”, I thought the choice was the new 150MP Phase One full frame MF v. Nikon’s amazing mirrorless new line with huge mounts and IBIS! ??

But adding in the new detail Generating artificial intelligence break through of Topaz, even a modest APS-C would come come close to the 150 MP in wall sized enlargements!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Which software for black and white ?

Black & White Styles or Nik's collection ?

Meanwhile for those who wish they are making a promotion on a bundle which doesn' include the back and white solution.
i-4RTHZXJ-L.png
[/IMG]
i-QQJ936K-L.png

i-GZSqgzW-L.png

This looks interesting, Antonio. I have used Nik for some time, but now I am struggling to get DXO to update my license. The cost of these options is very fair.

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Antonio Correia

I have seriously thought buying the Phase One camera but my wife forbids me to do so. :(

I dare say: Topaz can not be the alternate solution for large sensors with 2,5 times more size than full-frame. It can't be. There must be some "little" difference some where...

Do you see Edward Burtinsky, Hans Strand or Guy Tal to shoot in m43 and use Topaz ?
Topaz is for the poor ! ;)

I thought you were going to oppose Topaz to Nik or Phase One solutions for monochrome images... after all I think I will stay in LR and CC and that's it !

:)

Jerome Marot

I have seriously thought buying the Phase One camera but my wife forbids me to do so. :(

She is right: Hasselblads are better. ?

To your question: I think that all software for producing B&W pictures gives similar results. There is only so much which can be done with grain, duotone and color filters.

Antonio Correia

Thank you Jerome. :)
I have just installed the Nik Collection for free !
I have used this app before so, I know the results. But it is as you say: for grain, duotone and color filters can be mastered in LR or CC.
Cheers ! :)

Antonio Correia

No problem.
It is not only in German. It comes in English when you install it.
Easy. Even me, I could find the right place to make the download. For you Asher, it is a piece of cake.
:)